Energetic marketing communications professional with international experience in marketing programs, corporate branding/identity, graphic design, collateral development, web content management, and organizing/managing complex events. Enjoys working with all levels of staff.
Graphic Design, Print Production, Customer Support, Minuteman Press, Devens, MA August 2014 – Present
- Manager of day-to-day operations and production for entire shop.
- Graphic design from A-Z on all new projects such as business cards, letterhead, flyers, posters, brochures, postcards, sales sheets, datasheets, whitepapers, newsletters, adhesive labels, web banners, logos, architectural blueprint plans.
- Pre-flight checking and corrections on all incoming existing artwork files before production begins.
- Production and finishing of a wide-variety of printed files: standard size prints, wide format prints (b/w and color), laminations, spiral bound booklets.
- Contract with outside vendors for production of vinyl banners, coroplast signs, rubber stamps, adhesive labels, custom printed promotional items (t-shirts, bags, etc.).
- High level of customer support, including:
- Taking the time to understand our customers’ needs.
- Guidance and advice on the production process and achieving high quality results.
- Timely communications via phone and email on status of their project.
- Fast, accurate production results.
Freelance Marketing Communications & Graphic Design, Shirley, MA September 2013 – Present
Quantia Communications, Inc. (www.QuantiaMD.com), Waltham, MA
Senior Marketing Manager – (B2B & B2C marketing) February 2010 – September 2013
- Designed and produced 9 research papers with 50+ informational graphics and charts (PDF and printed versions).
- Designed and produced QuantiaMD’s first set of corporate web pages. Continued management and html coding for these pages, including numerous approval cycles and working with the production team to publish the updates live on the website.
- Project management, image manipulation, and HTML coding for 20+ monthly email campaigns to increase member acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Spearheaded, designed, and managed an ongoing successful member stories program with over 330 submissions in the first year after launch.
- Integral team member on a company-wide brand refresh project. Worked with internal and external stakeholders to produce new template files for 250+ marketing communication items.
- Project manager of an annual awards program honoring our top expert physicians. Produced custom website pages, engraved crystal awards and engraved iPads for each winner.
- Successfully organized and managed QuantiaMD’s participation at 5 domestic healthcare tradeshows and events.
eCopy, Inc., Nashua, NH May 2005 – November 2009
Senior Marketing Programs Manager – (B2B marketing) May 2005 – November 2009
- Direct managed one full-time employee who worked on eCopy’s partner program.
- Project manager for eCopy’s largest annual marketing event which brought together 600 CEO and VP level worldwide attendees for 3 intensive days of seminars, exhibitions, networking, and relaxation activities. Set up and managed a cross-departmental team which planned and organized this important event and which succeeded in attracting a 20% increase in sponsors and a 25% increase in the number of seminars offered over the previous year. Designed and produced all the marketing collateral, a pre-event global e-mail campaign, a creative VIP promotional mailing, and negotiated an increase in onsite signage. Managed numerous outside vendors for hotel accommodations, conference facilities, catering, audio/visual, and evening entertainment. Managed expenditures to achieve a $200K reduction in the budget.
- Successfully organized and managed our participation at 12 domestic and international tradeshows and events with budgets ranging from $2K to $1.5M.
- Stepped in to successfully complete Phase II of our website redesign after our webmaster quit unexpectedly. Ensured that the launch was completed on time and on budget.
- Worked with IT to launch a new intranet portal for employees. Created content for the marketing pages and trained other employees on how to add content for their departments.
- Initiated and project managed the purchase of over 75 international domain names to protect the company’s brand identity. Worked with the IT team to identify and then hire a top domain name management vendor.
- Project manager for multiple marketing communication collateral pieces, including 3 new flash demos to use on our corporate website and in sales presentations.
- Designed a wide variety of interactive sales tools, banners, training certificates/guides, and logos for our channel sales and training teams.
- Designed comprehensive visual branding guidelines for the company’s name, logo, and product naming conventions.
- Acted as Marcom lead for the product launch of the company’s second main product. Designed new sample documents, splash screens, Quick Reference Guide, and PowerPoint PPTs for sales.
Corners Picture Framing, Inc., Billerica, MA Picture Framer December 2004 – May 2005
- Worked part time as a picture framer while interviewing for permanent full time work in a high technology company.
Creo Americas, Inc., Billerica, MA November 2000 – December 2004
Promoted 5 times to roles of increased responsibility within Creo and its company acquisitions.
Marketing Communications & Events Manager – (B2B marketing) November 2000 – December 2004
- Created and managed 8 new advertising campaigns and 300+ media placements in 50 publications, resulting in a 30% increase in media coverage.
- Designed and delivered 15 direct mail campaigns, and 4 direct marketing sales tool packages.
- Ensured consistent corporate branding and messaging for all marketing communication materials through two company mergers and logo redesigns.
- Streamlined event processes to achieve a 40% savings in expenditures.
- Coordinated investor relations meetings, concalls, and press conferences during tradeshows.
- Project manager for 16 marketing WebEx trainings per year for new customer support website.
- Organized and managed the company’s presence at 75+ domestic and international tradeshows and event, including a tradeshow when 9/11/2001 occurred. Spearheaded effort to get all employees home safely, and then worked on the dismantling of the booth and outgoing shipments.
Scitex Europe, S.A., Waterloo, Belgium November 1992 – November 2000
Acquired by Creo Inc. in May 2000.
European Events Manager – (B2B marketing) June 1997 – November 2000
- Organized, and managed the company’s booth, equipment, and staff at 16 European tradeshows and 50+ smaller events per year with budgets ranging from $5K to $10M. Streamlined event processes to achieve a 50% savings in expenditures.
- Organized and managed a $10M, 20K sq ft booth, equipment, and staff in the middle of an M&A by a direct competitor.
European Product Marketing Manager – (B2B marketing) November 1994 – June 1997
Applications Specialist – (B2B marketing) November 1992 – November 1994
Upon request, additional employment information is available for dates prior to November, 1992.
Boston University School of Management, Boston, MA: MBA
Bethel College, Arden Hills, MN: BA, cum laude, Fine Arts